Contact the firm today 727-781-1300 Contact the firm today 727-781-1300


Get In

Clearwater Office
29605 US Highway 19 North
Suite 140
Clearwater, Florida 33761

727-781-1300 Phone
727-781-1314 FAX

Quick Contact Form


Can a relative get temporary custody time sharing?

Many relatives have temporary custody in Florida, and this comes about because they are already taking care of the child for the most of, if not all of the time. So you can apply to the court for that relative to have temporary custody and have all the rights that a parent would have, such as enrolling the child in school, taking the child to the doctor. However, you have to remember this is a temporary order. It’s not the same as an adoption order, but it does enable that relative who’s taking care of the child to be able to can transact whatever is necessary to provide the child with proper care.