Contact the firm today 727-781-1300 Contact the firm today 727-781-1300


Get In

Clearwater Office
29605 US Highway 19 North
Suite 140
Clearwater, Florida 33761

727-781-1300 Phone
727-781-1314 FAX

Quick Contact Form


I want to adopt my spouse’s birth children. How difficult is it to adopt stepchildren

If the other parent, that is the parent that you’re not married to, consents to the adoption, it’s a fairly easy process. So they would terminate their parental rights, and then you would ask the court if you could adopt your stepchild. Generally that request is granted. If the other parent won’t agree to it, then it becomes a really difficult process, and you would almost have to prove the same thing that the state or the government would have to prove to get somebody’s rights terminated. So really the best way to go about it would be to have the consent of the parent to whom you’re not married.