Contact the firm today 727-781-1300 Contact the firm today 727-781-1300


Get In

Clearwater Office
29605 US Highway 19 North
Suite 140
Clearwater, Florida 33761

727-781-1300 Phone
727-781-1314 FAX

Quick Contact Form


If a father terminates his parental rights does he still have to pay child support in Florida?

There’s really only two ways to terminate parental rights. One way is to agree to, and in order to do that, someone has to be available to adopt the child. In the event that rights are terminated so that someone can adopt the child the father doesn’t have to pay child support anymore.

The other way is if a father is forced to have his rights terminated by the state because of some allegations or abuse and neglect. And if that occurs in general the father won’t have to pay child support, but the state can require some things to be paid on behalf of the father under those circumstances.