Contact the firm today 727-781-1300 Contact the firm today 727-781-1300


Get In

Clearwater Office
29605 US Highway 19 North
Suite 140
Clearwater, Florida 33761

727-781-1300 Phone
727-781-1314 FAX

Quick Contact Form


My spouse is trying to kick me out of our home. Is that legal?

There’s only three ways you can be forced to leave your home during a dissolution process. One is if you agree to it, and that agreement will be enforced, because it was in writing or a contract. The second way is if the court finds that things are so bad in the house that it’s negative influence on the children, in which case the court may ask one of the parties, or order one of the parties, to move out of the house. The third way is a domestic violence injunction. So, obviously, your spouse alone can’t make you move out of your house, but a court order can cause you to have to leave your house during a dissolution process.