Contact the firm today 727-781-1300 Contact the firm today 727-781-1300


Get In

Clearwater Office
29605 US Highway 19 North
Suite 140
Clearwater, Florida 33761

727-781-1300 Phone
727-781-1314 FAX

Quick Contact Form


Can i get visitation or custody time sharing even though I was not married to the mother and I am not on the birth certificate?

Florida law allows that a father, or what’s called a putative father, if it hasn’t been established yet, can initiate an action for the determination of parentage, being named the father, as well as getting timesharing of the child. The way to do that is to file a sworn petition as to why you think you might be the father of this child and have it served upon the mother, at which time you’ll be subject to a legal proceeding. If it’s determined that you are the father, then you will have the same rights as the mother.