Contact the firm today 727-781-1300 Contact the firm today 727-781-1300


Get In

Clearwater Office
29605 US Highway 19 North
Suite 140
Clearwater, Florida 33761

727-781-1300 Phone
727-781-1314 FAX

Quick Contact Form


Do the wishes of a child have any influence in custody/time-sharing decisions in Florida?

If a child is old enough and mature enough, he or she may be able to give their views on the timesharing arrangement that they would be experiencing as the result of a dissolution of marriage. There’s a few ways that it’s done. Maybe the judge will talk to the child, but that’s kind of unusual in Florida. Usually, it’s done through a guardian ad litem or some other way that the judge will not have to traumatize the child by having them experience the courtroom process.