Contact the firm today 727-781-1300 Contact the firm today 727-781-1300


Get In

Clearwater Office
29605 US Highway 19 North
Suite 140
Clearwater, Florida 33761

727-781-1300 Phone
727-781-1314 FAX

Quick Contact Form


How is divorce initiated in Florida?

A formal divorce process can only be initiated by filing a petition for dissolution in the circuit court, and it’s supposed to be filed in the circuit court that’s located in the last place that the parties resided together as husband and wife. There are other informal ways to approach a divorce. In other words, to go to mediation first or maybe collaborate, but the actual only way to formally initiated divorce is to file a petition.